Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Why I got Rid of My Vision BOard

Growing up we were taught about vision boards. What are they? Vision boards are posters or boards with all of your goals and dreams on them. The type of job you have, the house you want, the wedding you want, the vacation you want etc. You can vision board just about anything. Even in the home businesses I joined previously we had team building exercises where we made vision boards or dream boards. They were fun! They were meant to inspire us to keep our dreams in front of us so we could cross them off as we made them a reality. The problem is that dream/vision boards are just that. They are the dreams and vision we have for our future, but what about the work we need to put into them? Are we doing anything except looking at them? Are we doing anything except looking at them? Instead of making concrete plans we continue to stare at our vision. 

Put away the vision board and make plans. Take the steps you need to actually move toward those dreams rather than just keeping them on a board. Dr. Karen Osburn from Women Wanting More challenges you to throw it away and take an actual step toward what you want. If you have a board then you obviously know what you want.  Take the knowledge of that and take an action step. Just one thing! 

For me, it was deciding what I wanted and signing up for the training. I became a Certified Lactation Counselor. I then signed up to take my massage therapy licensing exam. I'd failed before because I allowed my testing anxiety to get in the way. I passed. I was ELATED. I decided to make that one small step and then another and another. Months later I have changed my path, identifying what I want to do, and taking the steps to make it happen. Today I am also a licensed massage therapist with a place to call home. The goal will be to work with prenatal women into postpartum helping with breastfeeding and teaching parents to massage their babies.

I'm on my path, but that doesn't mean the work is done. I will have lots of work to do to make this into a viable business, but I"m willing. I'm willing to put in what is necessary to get what I want.


Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment