Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Progress?

Well, so far I've maintained my temper...most of the time. Even the one time I "yelled" at her I didn't really yell. I was more annoyed and she knew it. We had a chat and it worked out.

So here I am going "okay, we've got this". What does she do? She bites a kid at daycare. My sweet empathetic little girl bit someone! Another girl she likes! What the heck?! Fiona may have a tantrum or two but they rarely last long and she certainly doesn't inflict pain on another child on purpose.

Instead of getting mad, as we were getting ready to home I told her that I'd heard she had a rough day. She mumbled yes, but she didn't really want to talk about it then. I talked to her about what happened. She did say sorry to the kid, but I wasn't satisfied that she knew what she did was wrong. The conversation we had was confusing. I wanted her to understand. I don't think we left the conversation as clear as I wanted, but she got the message that biting is not ok even when she's feeling lots of big emotions.  Hopefully, it'll be fine, but until then I'll just keep talking to her. She is only 4 after all and she's working through lots of emotions as she is getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment