Monday, August 22, 2016

Getting Started!

So I do work full time, but I'm also working on a business. I have an advanced certification in aromatherapy.

I know, I know, most people think of smelly candles or the MLMs with reps that think they can cure all. I love my oils. I can use them for all kinds of things, but I also know that there is a limit on what we should do with them. There is a lot of science behind them and understanding how they work. So how does that relate to what I want to do?

Well, one more class and I'll have a clinical certification. Then I want to learn more about Aromatic Medicine. It's hard to find in this country, mostly concentrated in France and Australia, but there are renowned teachers travelling to the US so that makes me happy. I started my essential oil journey in massage school and fell in love with it. I joined Aromahead.com, a renowned American school approved by NAHA (National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy). If you are interested in oils at all I suggest you check our their free class.

So what do I do? I make spa products. I make body butters, sugar and salt scrubs, hand cleansers, inhalers etc. Today I made 2 jars of Baby Butt Butter in anticipation of my new Little who will hopefully join us soon. I haven't made anything in awhile and it was fun! I love watching everything melt together and become a usable product and not just random ingredients.

I don't always use essential oils in my products. Many of the things I make are just butters and oils. I love Kpangnan butter, Kombo butter and Palm Kernel oil. They have great properties and smells all on their own. The essential oils are a bonus.

Just remember that essential oils are meant to add to your well being. It's meant to be complimentary not a replacement.

What are some of your favorite scents for lotions, creams and scrubs? What is your least favorite I have to admit that I prefer the earthy scents. The deepness of Vetiver and Sandalwood make me happy, but I just can't deal with lavender, lemon or lemongrass. My mother just took a jar of sugar scrub with lavender and peppermint. She was ecstatic!

I do love helping people though. My love is to sit with someone and get to know them and their favorite scents. This allows me to create a product all their own; customized to their specific needs and preferences. People love lotions and potions. It is an industry that allows people to have an array of scents. How many of those bottles accumulate in the cabinets because after awhile it just gets boring?

What if your lotions and potions were your own. Created for you and you alone. It's like the famous perfume creators. You spend some time with them and they create a masterpiece that matches you and your personality. I (and other certified consultants) find out what you need (something at night to help with sleep? Perhaps you need more energy? focus?) pick out the oils that support these and then narrow it down by the scents you prefer the most. It can be a long process, but in the end you have a product you love and a unique creation.

People ask why I love aromatherapy? This is why. It is so versatile in what it can do you can't get bored with it. So if you get a chance, check out my FaceBook page. I just joined Shopify so if you are interested in some trying something.... let me know..

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldAromatics/

Sláinte,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment