Friday, May 20, 2016

Jet lag

I went to visit my sister for two weeks. Sadly we had to come back to reality last week. We did an over night flight which of course means jet lag for both of us.

For the last few days I've been worried about my daughter. She had pretty much done nothing except sleep. I could barely keep her awake for more than a few minutes at a time. She'd barely eaten, or had anything to drink. I figured it was jet lag until we hit day 5. Then I worried. Day 6 doc can't find a single thing wrong. She's lively, and well... she isn't showing any symptoms of anything.

Then we leave and she sleeps from 11:30am-7:00pm. Just to eat a bit and go back to sleep at 8:15.

When I say lethargy, I mean rag-doll status. She couldn't even sit up properly. You could think I was exaggerating but I have 4 adult witnesses. She was limp and sleepy and all she wanted was to be snuggled against me. For DAYS.

I go back and forth with my mom, and a couple of friends. Jet lag plus growth spurt? Missing her cousins? a combination of all of it?

Today she gets up, does normal routine with Daddy, has a great day at Day care. We have an awesome afternoon and I have to return her to her room 3 times before she falls asleep.

In a 24 hour period she went from scaring the crap outta me to my normal sweet girl.

Gotta love being a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment